Monday, June 29, 2009

Breaking the Vows..

There has been a lot of talk lately between K, Myself, and friends about when you are free to love another.

You see, K and I basically have they same view on this subject. I believe that when two people say their vows, they are not only saying these vows to each other, they are saying these vows to his or her god, goddess, or whatever being they pray too. So the question is, when does a marriage end? Three days after K asked me for a divorce, we took each others hands and said we were releasing each other from our vows. In my eye's our marriage ended at that moment. K feels the same way. My friends have a different view on this subject. Most believe that until the courts say that the marriage over you must still live by your vows. So does God or Goddess accept your vows when you first say them, but then wait until a judge rubber stamps the divorce papers, or does the All Mighty release you from those vows as soon as the two parties release each other.

I would love to hear a bunch of opinions on this subject.

Thanks for all of your support...

Tony

P.S. Yesterday as was told that I had won the Post of the Day. What is that and where do you find out that information.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree with you and K actually...when my ex and I divorced the vows were released when I buried the ring....I felt it

x

Saz said...

I find the whole blog hard to swallow in terms of how a woman can do this..it is anathema to me...and to feel a man part broken...your posts haunt me.

That said I think the moment she went and the moment YOU felt it was over, is the moment. Yes legally you are still bound and responsible for things and people. But emotionally IF for you it's OVER, then it's OVER..


all the best

ellen abbott said...

The courts are a construct of humanity. They are there to serve mundane purposes. The moment when you agreed to be together the bond was made. the moment you released each other, it was unmade.

Catherine Vibert said...

What ellen said, your vows are between the two of you and your gods and goddesses. Everything else is just hogwash social construct.

RachelW said...

I agree with you. It's when you release your vows, in your heart and to one another, that matters; not some piece of paper. Just as a piece of paper is not needed to bond two lovers.