Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strange Friends...

On Monday afternoon I asked my soon to be ex-wife to email a special friend of hers and tell him that I wanted him to call me. She looked puzzled and asked why. I told her that only wanted to talk to the person and that I would be nice. Later that evening he called and we started talking about life, love, and other things that most of us are afraid to talk about with complete strangers.

My wife and I have been having some issues for a while now and he just happened to be at the wrong place at the right time. Because of the relationship between my wife and this other man I found it very easy to blame him for our problems with my marriage. He was not here and could not defend himself so I vented a lot of anger at this man even though he had done nothing wrong. First I want to say how sorry I am for this. You did nothing wrong but my pain over my divorce turned into anger and I vented that anger towards you. K, took most of this anger head-on in your place. For this I want to say I sorry K. You did not deserve any of the anger that was directed towards you. I ask both of you to please forgive me for being an ass.

I wish the best for both of you.

K. I know that we will see each other for the rest of our life's. A child makes that necessary. But I hope that we can get passed the hurt and become friends again. I need you in my life in some form.

To my new friend. Thanks for the call and thanks for helping to ease my mind about some issues I had. Know matter what happens between you and K, I hope that you will think of me as a friend and that we can put behind us some of that angry things that was said by me.

Looking to the future,

Tony

3 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Thank you...

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Piratedred said...

K. It was the right thing to do...

RachelW said...

Good on you, Tony.