Monday, June 22, 2009

I Release you, A Repost for a friend...

This is a repost of the first poem I wrote. This was posted about a month ago. This is for you, my new friend...


I Release You...


I release you...To find the happiness that I have known since the day I met you.

I release you...To find the love that rebuilds your.

I release you...To soar like the beautiful bird that is your soul.

I release you...To find that one thing that you couldn't find with me.

I release you...Because it's the right thing to do.

I release you...From the pain of the last 8 years.

I release you...From those vows we spoke when we were so much in love.

I release you...In hopes that you will find your way back to me.

I release you...But you will always be My Wittle Bunny.

I release you...Because I Love You.

I release you...Because I Love You...

K. I release you...


You are my Heart, my Soul, my Life, and my Love.

T.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful xxx
thank you xx

Piratedred said...

Thanks Lisa.

It means a lot to hear you say that.

I wrote this while laying in bed with K. She had just told me she wanted a divorce and I curled up behind her while she slept, put me hand over her heart from the back, and just started saying every reason that I should release her. The next morning I got up before the sun and started writing all those reasons. "I Release You" was the product of that last night that I curled up next to the greatest love of my life.

T.

Unknown said...

releasing her was the best thing for both of you by the sound of things- s simple yet so profound.

I can assure you that you will survive, probably scared, but oh so wiser, with love, true love, becoming even more precious xx

Michelle said...

Hi. i am Lisa's friend Michelle. Nice to meet you.

I can so read the pain and the tenderness here.

Sometimes it's all we can do, to release with love.

If you love something set it free.....

doesn't make it hurt any less though does it.

xx

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I remember the poem, My new-found friend... and agree with Michelle-- the releasing, in fact, can bring the pain to a new-found intensity.

And beyond that comes Catharsis...

Words, yes. but they'll ring true... they never fail to do so.

GREAT POEM, T...

Piratedred said...

Lisa,

It's true that letting her go was the best thing for her. It does scare me to death but I have made some new friends and re-connected to some old ones. All of these have been a great help.

Michelle,

Welcaome to my little piece of Blogdom. I do love K with every inch of my being, but her happiness is what is most important to me. There is another in her life that gives her that happiness that I could not. I released her so she could have him before he had a chance to slip away.

Cygnus,

I gave her to him so that she would have the chance to find that which was missing with me. I really hope that she finds what she is looking for. It is true that the intensity of the pain was so much more after I read these words to her. She will always be my heart, my soul, my life and my love.

Thank you for your friendship.

T.