Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Hardest Part...

How do you say goodbye when your heart won't let go.

Why is it when you lose someone close to you people always say, "You will get over it", or "The Pain will go away". Trust me, you don't and it doesn't. I lost Gina to a drunk driver in 1988. A day doesn't go by where I don't think about her. I lost my sister to Cancer in 2006. I think about her all of the time. And now there is K. I lost her last month and all I can do is think about her. I see her in my dreams and in my nightmares. I hear her voice when she is not even here. I smell her scent when she is a thousand miles away. And each time these things happen the hurt is that much stronger. The pain is that more intense. It's hard to say goodbye when someone that holds that much of your heart passes, be it in body or spirit.

So how do you say goodbye when your heart won't let go?
You don't. You say I Love You because they will always be right there with you...

Gina,
I love you and I miss you so much. Thank you for always being there.

Vickie,
I love you and I miss you so much. Thank you for being my big sister and always helping me through the tough times.

K,
I love you and I miss you so much. Thank you for all the beautiful moments you gave me. From the first time you said yes to a date with me, the day you said "I Do", and the day our son was born. To the last time you said you loved me and gave me a last kiss. Thank you for those and the million other smiles in between. I only hope that one day I can look pass the pain and focus on the good times.

K, you are my Heart, my Soul, my Life and my Love.
But most of all, you are my friend.

I will love you for all times.

T.

No comments: